[amazon_link asins=’B07B93TSW5′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’1000157185992-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3a1ae6f4-9b83-4446-8d15-7c1c1cdbe95d’]Bone cancer in dogs has been on a high in recent times because of the lack of awareness among dog owners regarding the provision of proper treatment for them.
Taking care of canines is very much important in order to ensure their perfect health levels. Some dogs are more prone to cancerous conditions leaving them without any possible recovery. This is a common case in all those dogs that have reached advanced stages already. Getting them diagnosed in order to find an effective solution for the problems they face is very much important.
Know about bone cancer in dogs
- One of the most common causes of death of the dog population is the prevalence of bone cancer in dogs.
- Most of the time, bone cancer in dogs is often mistaken for the sprain, patella luxation, hip dysplasia, arthritis, and other orthopedic disorders and is not treated in the time leading to death.
- Despite a lot of research which is done around the world, the cause of the bone cancer in dogs remains unknown.
- The tumor is most likely spread to the other parts of the dog’s body when the bone cancer in dogs is detected and diagnosed by the vet.
To learn more about other Types of Cancer in Dogs visit link
Types of bone [amazon_textlink asin=’1577315197′ text=’cancer in dogs’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’1000157185992-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8fac5c9c-0c50-4b64-bd63-cdfc2133fe6b’]
Normally, there are six types of bone cancer in dogs
Osteosarcoma bone cancer in dogs
– This bone cancer in dogs is very difficult to treat as very aggressive and it spreads quickly in the body. Osteosarcoma bone cancer accounts for the 80% of the death of the dogs from bone cancer.
The dogs which are at risks are from the category of the older dogs who are from 7 to 9 years old larger breed dogs. The Osteosarcoma tumor grows from inside of the bone of the limbs and destroys it. The affected bone of the limbs weakens and gets fractured eventually and never heals again.
– Chondrosarcoma can be broadly defined as the cartilage tumor which usually develops on various flat bones like the skull and ribs of the dog. But Chondrosarcoma is not metastatic and not as invasive as the osteosarcoma. Also, Chondrosarcoma is known as the 2nd most common type of bone cancer prevalent in the dogs.
– Fibrosarcoma usually attacks the axial skeleton such as jaw, ribs, and vertebrae.
It is one of the rare types of bone cancer of the dogs.
– Rather than the primary bone cancer in the dogs, Hemangiosarcoma arises from the spread of the other types of bone cancers in dogs to the other parts of the body.
In this type of bone cancer, the survival chances of the dogs are very low as it is highly metastatic.
Hemangiosarcoma affects the appendicular ( limbs ) skeletons and the axial (flat bones like the skull, pelvis and the spine) both. This is one of the rare types of bone cancer in dogs.
– This is a very rare type of bone cancer in the dog. Basically, Multilobular Osteochondrosarcoma can be defined as the tumor of the outer layer of the bone which also affects the toes, skull, ribs, and pelvis of the dog. This bone cancer tends to spread slowly, is locally invasive and is a very rare type of bone cancer of the dogs.
Synovial cell sarcoma
– The Synovial cell sarcoma tends to develop in the joint tissues of the dog and then spreads to the adjacent bones of the dogs.
Later, it can also spread to the other organs like the lymph nodes and the lungs.
It is often said that the dog is the best friend of the man. Also, like the man, the dog also suffers and can die from the bone cancer. Today’s requirement is to detect the case early and get the required medical treatment for the bone cancer in dogs.
Here are some of the common symptoms and causes that lead to bone cancer in dogs.
symptoms of Bone cancer in dogs
he sedate activity of dogs has to be suspected for possible signs of bone cancer during the initial stages. It might be possible that the dogs tend to become lame in due course of time.
Wriggling in pain and experiencing severe discomfort, there are dogs that tend to experience irreversible conditions amounting to death in an ultimate manner. Choosing the best medication in the initial stages and often referring to a highly qualified vet are some of the proactive steps to be taken in order to maintain the perfect health levels of the canine animals.
causes of Bone cancer in dogs
As far as the causes of bone cancer in dogs is considered, the exact reasons are still unknown though several dubious theories are prevalent. One of the most established ones in this regard is that of the faster growth levels experienced in dogs during the initial stages itself.
Extreme irritation too is experienced by them even after slightest of the provocations. Remaining cautious in the case of the dogs will help you in saving their lives for sure. Keeping under medical surveillance lets you obtain the best results towards their better health.
Generally, dogs display a lethargic attitude whenever they get acquainted with any serious illness.
Bone cancer in them makes them more inactive leading to sleepiness during most part of the day. The inactivity in limbs is the prime indication that lets you determine that there is something abnormal in the case of dogs leading to problematic situations in the long run.
Observing the condition of your dog’s limbs is something that is needed the most.
in order to maintain the perfect health condition of the dogs as per the requirement.
If you tend to come across a situation during which your dog limps continuously, then there might be something that has gone totally wrong.
- Obvious signs to determine bone cancer in dogs will be helpful in providing treatment early.
- For instance, the sight of shoulder blades will lead to bone cancer for sure.
- Facial bones in dogs are worst exposed to bone cancer.
- Taking maximum care regarding the treatment of bone cancer is extremely important in order to avoid any untoward incident.
- Identifying the problems in the early stages can be considered as the biggest means of securing the health of dogs without any further issues.
- If the problems are left untreated, then dogs develop coughing and breathing issues as well.